MapView needs support for touch events on map pins, and method to remove just one pin.

I am porting an "in-progess" iPhone app from Appcelerator's Titanium SDK to your Corona SDK. But I'm running into a roadblock with your MapView feature. There is no way for me to interact with Corona's map markers. The Titanium.Map API has methods for adding clickable images to the popups that appear when you click a map pin. So then I can respond to events from user's clicks. There is also a method for removing any one map pin.

What I really need is some way to respond to a user's click on a map pin, or its popup, and also someway to remove one particular map pin. Is there any hope?

Just another comment about this request.

I see in the Corona roadmap that you have listed "Misc. improvements to core API usability", along with "MapView support (Android)". I would like to suggest that while you are working on the Android MapView, you include the functionality to fire an event for clicks on the map pin marker that we can handle in code. And also please include a MapView method that allows us to delete a specified single map pin marker, using an ID from the click event.

If we are building a database of map pin markers with information added by our user, we need a way to allow the user to delete map pins along with the associated data base record.

I'd like to add a request for the ability to enter a search into the mapView... it is google right?

views:2064 update:2011/9/18 14:43:09
corona forums © 2003-2011