I'm going to start a review site.

My 24 year old runs a music review blog and I'm having him help me reach out to review sites for my game OmniBlaster (http://bit.ly/omniblaster). It seems to me there are more apps than there is review space and he's got some time on his hands so we pitched the idea of doing our own review site.

I'd like to invite you to be our first apps to be reviewed. I realized that I'm going to get mostly games, but if you have other apps you want reviewed let me know.

We have no audience yet but we have to get some seed content in place and I can't think of a better bunch than my Corona SDK friends to help out. I would hope we could grow an audience pretty quickly. The long term plan is to offer advertising and expedited reviews as the volume of review requests picks up.

If you want to play along, I'll need the usual affair, promo code, links to the app, YouTube trailer, a couple of screen shots and a description, etc.

Well I guess it would help to tell you where to submit stuff, eh?

You can email requests to reviews@tapmyapps.com

Or visit the site and click on the Tips menu link.

I only have a sample review up for my game and a junk post. So give me some content to work with!!!!

Thanks
Rob

" more apps than there is review space" Well yes and no.

There are too many review sites with no userbase, and the ones which have a userbase go one of two ways:

1) they over exploit the userbase, and lose the users. Who wants to see reviews every day, all day of useless apps (useless or dis-interesting to them)

2) They target apps only their userbase are interested in - which by definition becomes semi successful apps. This usually means new apps don't get a look in.

I urge you to think about a viable business model before you start this venture, or i fear you'll end up like so many thousands of other review sites. From my experience the only way to break into this market is an interesting site with news, tutorials, interesting topics etc, and reviews sprinkled in. You build your userbase with the interesting information, and the reviews are tolerated.

Funding will be your major issue, as advertising will not sustain you while unique visitors are low. You say 'more apps than reviews space' but you are entering a very very VERY saturated market with no unique selling point.

Just some friendly advice. But i wish all the best of luck.

You make some very good points. Funding isn't going to be an initial problem.

Still, I'd like to give it a try.

Our app is free, but we'd love some blog attention!

:)

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/retrocalc-free/id445805863?mt=8

views:1527 update:2011/10/7 11:17:15
corona forums © 2003-2011