Tutorial on the Corona Debugger

Hi,

Just wanted to let you all know that I've written a lengthy introduction/tutorial to the debugger that ships with Corona. Check it out - I think you'll find that getting familiar with the debugger will repay the time you invest very quickly.

Thanks,
Darren

Thanks!!!

That's a great article.

I ask myself - would it be so hard to write a source level debugger around this. It needs no new functionality - just the overview of where you are in the source, what are the values of the variables and what breakpoints and watchpoints are activated. Maybe one should save them between the debugging sessions. That's it...

I think it would certainly be possible to create a nice GUI front-end to the debugger that does everything you describe. If somebody has the time to do that, I'd cheer them on (note: that somebody isn't me, at least not for the next couple months. :)

Thanks!
Darren

It would fit perfect in to IndeED ;)

Hi Sven,

till the end of October I am very busy with writing a book about Game developement with Monkey. Once I have done that, I will get back into development of IndeED and the debugger is one thing that will get added.

Cheers
Michael

Oh yes the bread projects takes us away from the funny things ;)

As a long time lover of many PASCAL dialects as TP, GPC, FPC and Delphi I'm interested to help you with your IndED project - design, code, tests - whatever...

Sorry for being OT

Hi Sven,

are you signed up at my forum? If yes, let's talk about it there.

Michael

done...

views:1522 update:2011/10/5 8:48:05
corona forums © 2003-2011