The Corona Process? On-Device Testing

From what I can gather... this is the process of testing an app on an iPhone.

Write the app in a text editor without Corona API syntax coloring, cause it doesn't exist. Only Lua.

Save the main.lua file.

Go to the simulator, open the main.lua file, it opens automatically in the simulator. Go to Build for Device. Do that. Sit and wait for the internet and Corona servers to do their magic.

Get file back. See it in Finder. Open iTunes. Drag it into the apps section of iTunes. Sync iPhone. Start game on Device.

Is that right?

There's no faster way to iterate through on-device testing?

and further, when processing the file over on the Corona Servers the windows for the simulator float forcibly on top? They really can't go to the background so I can do whatever else I like while waiting without the intrusion?

Comeon. That's a little ripe. So is the size of the apps. Polyline demo, surely completely without big png or texture files takes up 8MB?

But wait, there's more. I set the build target via the "window" menu to iPhone 4. But when built to the iPhone 4, with a background texture that's 960x640 it's only taking up a quarter of the screen? What do I need to change other than the build target for Corona to know I'm aiming at a Retina display ONLY!

You can install your application by dragging it into the XCode Organizer.

views:1300 update:2011/9/29 19:21:19
corona forums © 2003-2011