request for polygon display objects (vector objects)

We have vector objects like circle and rect.
But how can I make a triangle with color filled to red?
And I want to its touching area also to be triangle.
Can this feature be supported?
Thanks!

YES! This, I desperately need this feature!

Even if they don't respond to touch events, being able to make filled custom polygons would be an absolute lifesaver for me right now.

The physics debug draw mode can do it already so hopefully they can copy some of that code over and make it work for us :)

Yes, i would really want shapes and be able to use them for: masking and be able to make physic bodies, for walls and plattforms.

I'm very happy to see that I am not alone in the desert...

See my post http://developer.anscamobile.com/forum/2011/04/04/displaynewarc

As said, as 2D is the corebusiness of Corona, these new functions would be legitimate (arc, ellipse, triangle, quad...)

Just like to add my own support / request to this thread.

I was looking at some old code that converted windows .EMF and .WMF shapes to Flash vector objects and was a bit disappointed that I couldn't update my code to output the .WMF and .EMF assets directly to Lua and use display.newPolygon()

Come on guys - 2D polygon support! 8-)

Jon...

Me too. I was really surprised I cant fill a polygon I made with a color. All I want to do is make a triangle and fill it with a color. Can't find a way to do it.

I agree!

I have some code that sort of does this ~ a native draw polygon or vertex array thing would be much better. But I don't think my filled triangles respond to touch events though :(

I responded to a similar topic over at http://developer.anscamobile.com/forum/2011/04/04/displaynewarc

So maybe I should put together a display module while we wait for the real stuff? I think they said that graphics are up there on the priority list though, so we'll probably see this sort of thing in the daily builds soon.

-Angelo

what ? graphics? core? arcs? polygons? oh mine...

I guess we are not in Kansas anymore

c

views:2134 update:2011/9/18 10:09:28
corona forums © 2003-2011