All sprite animations freeze for no reason

Sometimes when testing on device (Android 2.3.3, Corona 2011.602) all sprite animations in my game freeze. There are no errors in the log and the game continues to run just fine. But I'm quite sure it's not my code, it has no calls to sprite:pause() whatsoever.

Anybody else has this issue?

We have no reports of sprites freezing. Do you see this happening on any of the Sprite sample code shipped with Corona? If not, can you create a small sample app that shows the problem and send it with a bug report?

Thanks,
Tom

Occasionally I see this happen while running my apps with looped sprites. I've been unable to find any cause to reproduce it though.

Exactly. Sprites are looped, but I have only seen this happening 2 or 3 times out of numerous tests. It's very unclear how to reproduce.

I have this happen on my game very randomly as well, i have a sprite that is constantly looping, and i only display it when a button is pressed, a transition to alpha = 1 and then back off alpha = 0. doesnt happen often enough to figure out what causes it, so i released my game anyways.

https://market.android.com/details?id=TIRE.game.vastblack

views:1504 update:2011/9/26 8:07:09
corona forums © 2003-2011