Chuckin' It! now available for iOS! - w/ promo codes

My first real game, Chuckin' It! - Redneck Recyclin' has just been approved and is ready to go!

http://tinyurl.com/ChuckinIt

Go get it free with one of these codes! Please post which one you used and PLEASE use the "Rate It" button to give a review...

1. AAHP7377WRMK
2. 49ATPFHTM9NF
3. HFMJNNAMAMMH
4. EP79MYM4RAKT
5. KAYFM4XWNMPX
6. 4FFHTELFTPEM
7. FPYJ6HXW9M6R
8. XMM97YELR9L6

Thanks!

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. 8. XMM97YELR9L6 is taken. I will check it out later.

Took this one:

6. 4FFHTELFTPEM

This is also gone:
7. FPYJ6HXW9M6R

Thanks, let me know what you think! Also, use the "rate It" button if you could :)

I grabbed the first one
AAHP7377WRMK

I will post my impressions after playing it. Unfortunately I found out the hard way that anyone who uses a promo code can't rate the game on the App Store. My wife was going to post a lovely review of my new app but I wasted a code on her iPhone to check if they were valid before the App officially released.

Thanks and good luck!

First off, congratulations on sticking with it and getting something out, that's huge.

It's cool. It looks good. Fonts are great. The mechanic is nice; I love the bouncing idea. It is an engaging puzzler.

There is one issue. Most the time I have to double tap to rotate an item, and that doesn't always work if I don't tap perfectly. It's a big deal, because I don't want to keep playing because of this difficulty. Having a consistent easy rotation would make this an awesome game.

I am playing this on an iPad2.

Another minor note, it that your success audio is a little distorted.

Congratulations again.

@flyingaudio

That rotation problem is always my biggest gripe with these type of games, it was also a problem with Bubble Ball when I played it. I hope it isn't a Corona thing but I don't know why that would be the case.

Feed Me Oil is a game that handles this well. You tap it and a semi-transparent circle pops up with rotation arrows. Gives you more "finger space".

Thanks for the input. I fixed the "double-tap" problem a few minutes ago, so it'll be good for the next update. I like the example from Feed Me Oil, I'll look into creating something along those lines.

For now, here's my thinking on the double tap thing for anyone developing something similar... I set the rotate to only work on double-tap so that people would not accidentally rotate while trying to move it (mistake a drag for a tap) I did this very early in the dev process and never really took a second look at it.

Now that I've been experimenting with it (based on the comments above), I realize that it is much less likely that a drag will be so short as to be misinterpreted as a tap, and the double-tap to rotate is not a good trade-off.

Also, thanks for the tip about no reviews with promo codes. Explains why none of my friends have reviewed it!

Off to a strong start! Over 100 downloads in the first 1.5 days!

And it that from just placing it in the App Store, with no other marketing?

views:1510 update:2011/9/22 9:57:39
corona forums © 2003-2011