Native UI Elements

Hi there, I am trying to evaluate Corona for a product that we are thinking of developing. Here's a list of questions that I hope you can help me with.

1. Does Corona offer any integration with 3rd party libraries that we may have developed. ie can we link to static libraries and build custom integration and calls to this library?

2. We need a native TableView type interface, is this available through Corona?

3. We need to communicate with Drupal, mainly getting some XML packets for processing. I see SQLLite support, but is there any other support for networking?

Kind regards

Dave

Hey Dave,

I can try to answer some of your questions (I've come across some of them personally)

1. You CAN integrate with 3rd-party libraries but remember that Corona is basically a Lua interpreter so you need to make sure that your libraries are written in pure Lua. In my project, I'm integrating with a 3rd-party JSON library just fine.

2. There is a TableView Library in Corona that you can use. Again, it's written in Lua so it's not a native Cocoa TableView, but it works quite well!

3. There is full support in Corona for the LuaSockets library. From that, you can implement *any* type of data transfer mechanism you want. For XML, you'll have to use a 3rd-party Lua XML parser, there's not one built into Corona. There are a few out there people are using (just search these forums). Personally, I found XML to be too heavy for my taste, so I'm sending all the data as JSON over the air (and am using the previously-mentioned JSON parser that can be found in the "FaceBook Connect" sample code that comes with Corona).

Hope that helps!
-Mike

views:1803 update:2011/9/21 18:18:19
corona forums © 2003-2011