300,000 Bubble Ball downloads in just over a week!

So this is my first app, so if this is normal, please excuse me, but I'm shocked my app has gotten 300,293 downloads in within 8 days of being released. 97,000 were yesterday, and the numbers have kept climbing. Thanks to everyone who downloaded it and left a review!

I would say, congrats, that is phenomenal !

Carlos

Thanks Carlos! I didn't expect it to do nearly as well as it did!

No, that is in no way normal! Congratulations! It's an amazing number of downloads.

Are you planning to do anything to try to monetize that success? I hear IAPS are coming soon...

That's awesome!

Congrats man!

oh man congrats! I thought it was a really good game when I tried it out (seriously, I've played through all the levels several times now) so it's great to see that cream still rises to the top in the crowded App Store.

Thanks, jhocking! Glad to hear the positive words. We're hopefully releasing an update later this month with at least 10 more levels.

That is awesome, congratulations on your achievement! With so many downloads, I would suggest adding some optional premium content once In-app purchases has been made public!

Congrats bro that stat is really something to be proud of. #1 on the free charts? Incredible.

Now tell us how the heck you got people to find it!

@AdamBucketz I didn't really do that much marketing so I don't know how it became so popular

Now, imagine the count when the verizon iphone is available !

Carlos

I agree with jonbeebe. You should add some premium content for In App Purchases.

Don't know if premium levels or premium balls or items. Very addictive game. Go celebrate tonight but tomorrow code like crazy hehe.

Congrats again!

[blockquote]I didn't really do that much marketing so I don't know how it became so popular[/blockquote]

Amazing, congrats!! What did you do to market it, though?

I wish you good luck in case you want to take it or parts of it to paid soon, you deserve it (and Corona deserves it too, they got a terrific framework).

If you want to create other games in the future perhaps it's also a good idea to somehow connect your current user base to your new games, like perhaps by a "more games" button on the start screen.

Congrats. Really like the game. I feel dumb but still can't solve 18 and 21. The ones with the nudge piece.

Definately monetize on it. I'd say release a whole new app with more levels and in app purchases. In the meantime put ads on this one ASAP. That would monetize on this one immediately. Look for the admob hack in the forum. Seems to work.

I am curios about the little marketing that you have done. Would you mind sharing?

Thanks for the great game.

Awesome! just saw the tv-interview!

I'm so happy for you man!

Congrats again from Sweden!

Thanks everyone for the kind words! @amigoni, the little marketing consisted of telling family and friends, and posting a thread here and at another small game dev forum. I'm probably going to add premium levels you can buy in-app.

I'd buy the levels if you put them in.

Hey there nice addicting game! I was wondering if you thought about putting admob or iads in when you released it? Do you think not having ads helped it climb the rankings so quickly?
Does it make you upset that the free version isn't making any money directly?
I'm just so curious because if I had a #1 game without ads I'd be really upset knowing I'm missing out on all that revenue..Of course I hope you're not upset! :)

Seriously mike, please knock it off with all the talk about being upset. You are ruining this thread.

ok i'm sorry..is there anything I can do to get back into the good graces of the community?
i did have an idea though..if he does want to include ads I wonder if someone here that might know objective c could port it for him for free?

@mike950 Who's to say the game would have been as successful as it was if it had ads from day 1? Adding them later is a sure fire way to lose customer goodwill.

I agree much more with the plan of offering new premium levels as IAPs (when they become available).

Though the levels should really be premium and include possibly new game mechanics that expand on previous levels. Maybe new materials (rubber for instance). The game already comes with enough levels, so if it's just more of the same is gonna be difficult to get people to bite.

All in all, congratulations to Robert on this monumental achievement on his first game. And finding a way to monetize your 2 million users is certainly a nice "problem" to have.

Hey everyone, thanks for the kind words! As for ads, I personally don't like games with ads, so I'm not going to put ads in even if I could. :) I am just having fun right now, worrying about money comes later...

Man that's a great outlook to have! Capitalists might not like it though lol
But here's another perspective on ads that might be good to ad to the debate. Get it "ad" to the debate...
But anyway you can look at them as a way for companies to get their product introduced to the public. Which can be a good thing. And remember they're paying to do this so chances are it's going to be something hopefully interesting. So maybe after hearing that perspective on ads they won't seem that bad?

> Capitalists might not like it though lol

Not necessarily true Mike, because a game with ads *might* never have seen these download numbers in the first place, hence not have made money -- who of us can know for sure? Nay is relying on his instinct, he says he doesn't like ads so he doesn't want to throw them in just to make money, and this is a great spirit which may lead to much more success -- yes, even commercial success! -- in the long run, because he's getting customer goodwill, and customers will be much more likely to suggest his game to friends and help spread the word.

> But anyway you can look at them as a way for companies to get their product introduced to the public.

Other companies marketing their products is not Nay's problem right now. He cares about making a good game for customers, it seems, and that should be his only challenge.

Nay says he's going to add premium levels perhaps, and it seems he's on a great track here.

No I was trying to explain that ads don't have to be a bad thing from the consumer's point of view..for some reason Nay doesn't like ads in the game but maybe he didn't think of the positive aspects of them which I was trying to point out in general. A well placed ad shouldn't interfere with the game play. If many people who play games don't like ads there must be a reason right?

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but I think Ansca should buy some ad space, maybe a loading screen, in your game. This is WAY better advertising than most of what Ansca is currently paying big money for!

Besides, this has already generated thousands of $$ in free advertising for Corona!

Honestly, Bubble Ball is the hit game they have been waiting for...

views:1921 update:2011/9/21 9:18:04
corona forums © 2003-2011