Wish List - debug & test features

Jay,

Would be really awesome if you could add some debugging stuff. I'm thinking of:

- List of all variables (like you will show functions in v3) which are clickable to go to first use and then repeat find
- Pause button (or better still tags in code where it will stop) then Start button restarts from there
- While paused ability to examine (and change where appropriate) variable contents
- New run mode where variable contents are printed to terminal at various points as code runs (probably controlled via #cpm tags). Could be optionally 'all' or a given list

That all sounds way too easy for a man of your abilities so what about adding some test features:

- record all user actions as app runs & save to test script file
- state of variables written to a test results file as app runs
- CPM can be pointed to recorded file to rerun actions then user (who will be bored by now as (s)he has nothing to do) can compare the test results output file with previous runs to check for only expected changes.

I guess if I looked around there's already tools I could use for that testing so feel free to tell me to not be so lazy! :)

Misc others:

- Would be good if you could get the applescript (or whatever) working that starts the build process automatically when you hit Publish.
- You're already aware of my issue with going from dual screen to single when CPM is running and CPM not being repositioned on the remaining screen (although strangely when I tried this again just now it seemed to work - d'oh!).
- Would be nice if the code block hiding worked when you are using windows - only seems to work in tabs?

...you did ask :)

views:1573 update:2012/1/10 9:16:25
corona forums © 2003-2011