Retina / SD spritesheet

Currently trialling Spriteloq and certainly impressed so far.

The only bit I am not sure how to do is create my standard def and retina spritesheets. For example with TesturePacker you click a box and your standard sheet is created for you however in Spriteloq its not so obvious what you have to do,

Can anyone one point me in the right direction please.

Hey, AParachutingFrog, click on "Options" button on upper right corner and set the "Spritesheet Scales". With mine, I currently have it set to: 1,2

This setting generates original size plus 2x size sprite sheets for me.

Naomi

Hi APF,

I hope you don't mind the abbreviation. hehe Here's a post that covers how to use it. http://developer.anscamobile.com/forum/2012/01/23/spriteloq-how-use-spritesheet-scales

I'll get to making a video covering this eventually.

Thanks Don and Naomi

Yes the abbreviation to APF is fine :)

Just so I'm clear is best practice to work with the retina display size and scale down to ensure the quality of the graphics remain or because its an export from Flash and its vector based it will handle the scaling for me retaining the quality and not rasterizing?

Thanks

APF :)

Hey APF,

IMO it's easier to maintain high quality for high res devices and scale down. But you have to be careful with thin lines and fine textures. Scaling up works, but you can lose those refined details. In a perfect world you could design for each resolution you need to deploy at. Flash scaling is not perfect when it comes to scaling filters.

http://developer.anscamobile.com/forum/2012/01/10/scaling-issue-rays#comment-79927

There was a long thread about this. Basically, if you're using glow or blur filters you may want to click "Rasterize" on that particular asset to make sure the filters scale properly.

Also notice in the comment and pic linked, that scaling up the filters scaled, but the scaled up circle is not as smooth. Scaling down can have graphical artifacts as well. Try it out and see what compromises you can live with.

Thanks Don

As always very helpful. My main actor is pretty primitive (my own skill has determined that!) so it would sound like either way would work for me.

I'll get it a try but appears I have options

Thanks again

APF

views:2712 update:2012/2/13 9:11:28
corona forums © 2003-2011