Mentor

Hello my name is Jaden I live in Arizona. We are doing a project called ropes, for this project we have 3 months to do somthing we have always wanted to do. I have always wanted to make an iphone/android application, so this is what i decided to do. I was just wondering if someone could mentor me through the process and teach me how to make and application I am very great with computers and i'm a great listener if you can help me with this project so I can graduate from 8th grade that would be great if you can help me please reply. I'd be glad to answer any questions or concerns you may have. Thank you and have great day

Hi Jaden,
I got your voicemail the other day. My schedule right now is very full so I will not have time to help one-on-one. The forums here are a great resource. My advice is to study all the sample projects that come with Corona and also try downloading other developer sample code posted here on the Ansca website. You'll find many examples here that might help jump start your project!
Best of luck!
Brian

Thank you Brian :)

Jaden,

Like you, I'm a very young Corona developer as well. I have actually had the opportunity to meet many local Corona developers since I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. From everything I've learned I have some advice (coming from a 17 year old).

• Purchase the Programming in Lua book
  • Watch video tutorials on YouTube (Cheetomoskeeto's are great!)
  • Download Sample Code and try to break down what it's doing. Remove and add code to see what it does.
  • There are many different Corona SDK official books either out or coming out. You can pick one up and try to follow along

Hope this helps and if you ever need any help feel free to contact me.

Regards,
Jordan Schuetz
Ninja Pig Studios

Thank you soo much jordan this is so helpful thank you :)

Not sure if you are interested but here is a link to a local group. It isn't very active yet; but I am trying.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/193081484049587/

Rob

views:2089 update:2012/2/12 11:34:30
corona forums © 2003-2011