Launched new word game - Word Traveller

I finally launched my game yesterday and if you're a fan of Scrabble, crosswords or anagram type games, you'll probably enjoy Word Traveller.

unfortunately about 75% of the people that try to download the free version get an error message that states "This item is currently being modified" - which it is *not*!

Is anybody else experiencing this? If you get a moment, can you please try and download the LITE (free!) version of my app and post back here if it was successful or not? I have searched online and it appears that Apple is aware of the problem and it might have something to do with their servers, but nothing definitive yet.

Anyway, here's the link to the free version of Word Traveller: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/word-traveller-lite/id496329483?ls=1&mt=8

Thanks!

I just tried to download your app from the US app store and got the "This item is currently being modified" error.

I was able to download some other free apps with no problem.

Why it isn`t available at App Store Brazil?

Thanks for letting me know - I really have no idea what I can do about this. So frustrating. It has something to do with apps that have recently had the price modified. When I launched my two apps, for some reason the free version showed up as 99¢, so I went in and changed it to free. BUT, some people CAN load it with no problems.

Like I said, Apple knows about it and there are plenty of threads about it online, so it looks like I just have to wait. :(

Thanks again for the feedback!

It should be available in all stores, I didn't uncheck any of them... geez, this just keeps getting better and better!

Out of curiosity, what kind of message did you get when you clicked the link above? And if you get a chance, can you try clicking on this paid version link, just to see if it even shows up? http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/word-traveller/id496324981?ls=1&mt=8

Thanks!

BELOW

@randyosborn,

When I clicked the link you posted above (LITE of PAID version) I get the alert below when iTunnes open:

It is in Portuguese language as am Brazilian, but I`ve translated below for you to have a look easily:

Could not complete your request.
The requested item is not currently available in the Brazilian Store, but is available in North American Store. Click Change Store to view this item.

And so as a Brazilian customer we`re all unable to get your app on our store and to get in the US Store we must have an account there also BUT most of us do not.

Well this is just getting ridiculous. I went and checked the settings for the LITE version (and the PAID) and they both indicate that they are available everywhere.

Thank you for posting the screenshot and letting me know about this - I guess I'll take up ANOTHER issue with Apple support. Yay. :(

Wish you luck!

Please, report here when you get to know why Apple has done it all wrong for you.

Rodrigo.

Trying the tutorial now. No issues for me :)

Hey guys-

There was a brief back and forth on Ansca FB today about Brazil having some issues with apps. (They need special approval, or something?)

Ahaa! @Peach - You`re right girl! .)

Brazilian App Store aren`t able to sell GAMES. We do not have this CATEGORY as it is prohibited by the Brazilian`s Government. Incredible no? But it is REAL. :(

This info may let @randyosborne LESS nervous about Apple, as you`ve reminded about the Brazilian`s law.

That is ridiculous. (At least I think so but I don't know enough about Brazil's laws to comment with any kind of authority, lol.)

Does this mean you too are prevented from downloading games currently, or are you, uh, circumventing in some way? ;)

@Peach - I totally agree with you. That is more than ridiculous surely but what can I do? :)

BTW, YES, am completely unable to download game at Brazilian AppStore as it even does not have a "games" section. :(

PS: BUT us brazilians "get around" these Brazilian`s rules submitting our games for the sections - Sports or Entertainment. Those are the only way to do "something" and of course if we use this "work-around" surely it`s not so good as our games would not be showed at the other appstores at the "right" sections. o.O

PS2: We`re here anxious for it to get changed but I cannot see "any light" about this too.

@WauloK - Thanks for letting me know. It looks like it's still about a 25% success rate.

I can't believe Apple is letting this happen. There are reports all over about people earning $0 in the past couple of days because their discounted apps are throwing this same error. It's looks like any app that has had a price change in the last week (or more?!) is susceptible to this bug - it's ridiculous...

It is possible to download games in Brazil too, you just have to use a workaround. (I discussed this with someone this morning.)

It's still horrible for devs though :( I was very sad to learn about this.

I was able to download Word Traveller Lite today with no problem. That's from the US app store.

@elbowroomapps - That's good to know! Thanks for the update!

@Peach, do you mind telling me about this workaround? o.O

Got very curious about it.

PS: BTW I hope the workaround is not telling me to buy a gift-card (as those that are sold at some stores like children`s toys). This one is other ridiculous thing to do and even more expensive at the final. :(

Peach is probably unavailable for several hours, but the workaround she is talking about after talking to another dev is to release it under the Sports or Entertainment category in the Brazil store.

Thank you for your concerning about my question @WauloK. But anyway this workaround was the excatly one I`ve said under post #14, where I say:

PS: BUT us brazilians "get around" these Brazilian`s rules submitting our games for the sections - Sports or Entertainment. Those are the only way to do "something" and of course if we use this "work-around" surely it`s not so good as our games would not be showed at the other appstores at the "right" sections. o.O

BTW thanks one more time. I appreciate it.

Rodrigo.

Woops! My bad! sorry about that!

@WauloK -> No Problem. I really thank you for the regarding. :)

Cheers mate,
Rodrigo.

Hey guys - Jason was right, I slept late today.

Rodrigo, I'll email you in a moment.

Peach :)

views:2415 update:2012/2/12 11:34:30
corona forums © 2003-2011