Failed to find image chracters in path

Hello

I have Vista... Now that may be the final reason for all these issues, but I would like to toss out my problem before adding Corona to the list of Vista compatibility issues.

here is the code:
local bkTeddyShadow = display.newImageRect("assets/backgrounds/teddyShadow.png", stageWidth, stageHeight)

Here is the WARNING:
Failed to find image(assets/b8;2?rounds/teddyShadow.png)

Note: this happens about 80% of the time, when I restart my machine, it goes down to about 20%... and then climbs.

I was fine with the fact many of the sample projects failed to load. I was fine with having the simulator crash expectantly far too often. But this is too much. I will update all possible software and run countless scans, but if anyone has seen this before, please share.

I have my restart on a hotkey because of this issue.

Hi Brian,

I don't work with the Windows side of things myself however I will bring this up in our next meeting and see if there's anything we can do.

Peach :)

No worries Peach,

I moved my dev environment to an XP box and I noticed the my simulator version was a few builds behind. I updated both machines and they are both running fine.

I will keep an eye on it, but I think I may have embarrassed myself here.

Although if you could make a update button in the GUI, that would be appreciated :-)

Failed to find image(assets/b8;2?rounds/teddyShadow.png)

hmmmm.... something wrong with the directory name....

maybe the way you created it? or something else. or in your code, you probably added some escape sequence.

c.

Also, if you copy/pasted from somewhere, there could be strange characters in the folder name. Try re-typing it to ensure there are no funny characters. You can also try renaming the directory manually and going from there.

Hey Brian,

I don't think you embarrassed yourself and am thrilled to hear that an update has resolved the problem :)

Peach :)

views:2081 update:2012/2/9 11:37:26
corona forums © 2003-2011