application not installed-- HTC EVO. Please help!!

Hi,
I just completed my first app. I have an HTC evo when i try to install any app compiled by corona, the android start installing but then give me a msg "application not installed" . I also tried several example and tried the compiles in two other HTC evo phones. Nothing works so far. Does anyone have a solution for this? Does corona works with HTC evo? Thank you for the help.

is the htc evo an arm 6 or armv7 chipset?

if it is arm6 then it won't install. most likely that is the cause of failure. corona sdk does not work on arm6 devices

c

Carlos thanks for the reply. How do I know if I have arm6 or arm7 in my phone? is there any where to check that in the phone? Also are there any other issues that can cause this failure? I tried it in 3 different HTC evo phones. Thanks again

I have EXACTLY the same problem with HTC Wildfire..

I have tested it also on HTC Incredible S and there it works fine, but fails on Wildfire..

Might it be that you will fix this in the future ?

I have the same problem my tablet with android 2.2..

I have tested it also on android sdk but it does not work

what can i do?

Thank you all. PROBLEM SOLVED. The problem was that I was using Java 7 instead of Java SDK v6 x86 (32bit). If you have Java 7 you need to remove it and install Java SDK v6 x86 (32bit). After I install Java v6 and rebuild the app, the application was able to install in my HTC evo. Here's a great article by Thomas Gorence that explain all the requirements needed for Android http://producerism.com/blog/how-to-develop-in-corona-sdk-on-windows/

Here's a direct link to the Java SDK v6 x86 (32bit) download http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk-6u27-download-440405.html

Hope this help someone

Someone from Corona staff please let the users know this fact. Thanks again for the help.

@e1fabre : thanks for sharing the fix.

c.

@fabre1 - man, am happy by you. Cheers! :)

Thank you @e1fabre :)

views:2298 update:2012/2/9 11:37:26
corona forums © 2003-2011