Image sizes

Hi everyone
I will use buttons on a spritesheet using the iphone the spritesheet and the code of the spritesheet is created by texturepacker, and i have a big doubt, my image have this size, 50x50 and the code of spritesheet create by texturepacker will create this size for my image on the code, 50x50 for the image, but when i will use my app on a ipad
i cant use my image 2x because the code of spritesheet is 50x50 and the "2x" image, have 100x100, but on the code still 50x50, so will not change the image size right? how i can do it?
Thanks

have you tried lowering the imageSuffix value?

my doubt is if the imagesuffix value can resolve my problem, because i saw this link : http://blog.anscamobile.com/2011/01/dynamic-image-resolution-made-easy/

and they said this:

Therefore, the best practice for multi-resolution output with sprite sheets is to create alternative sets of high-resolution sprite sheets and data, which will likely mean more sheets for the higher-resolution sprites, with fewer animation frames fitting on each sheet. Then, use platform detection and scaling detection to tell when you’re running on an iPhone 4 and/or iPad, and load the alternative sprite sheets in those specific cases only

so i will create different images resolution with different sprite sheet code and then use device detection, or create a version of my app for each device, i think that is better because create a app for all plantforms i need to put all image resolution inside the app and it will increase the size of the app a lot. 1 app for ipads, 1 app for iphones 4 and one app for iphone. for the android devices will need to use the device detection and many images resolution inside the app but will increase the size of the app but dont have other way

If i am wrong, tell me something about ours opinions, because it is really important for new people

Thanks

oh sorry it double my post, if any moderator can remove it, is good

views:1789 update:2012/2/8 8:46:10
corona forums © 2003-2011