Include a Game created with Corona in a native app

Hi,

I'm new with corona, and have a question, that I could not find references in the forum (or at least I could not find, maybe missing the right search terms ...).
It is possible to integrate games created with corona in an existing app ?

What I mean is that I'm developing a business app with Xcode, and what to include a small game that I'm making with corona, so the user will get the app from app store and inside that app is the game. Like was part of the app itself.

It might be a really simle solution, but I might be missing something sorry for that ...
Tks in advance .

@mob

Well I don't think you can. I've never heard of an app being able to run another app. At the end of the day a Corona App is an app.

Hi,
Tks, I handstand that, and from what I'm reading , there is no way to get the code from corona app to add to my source code in Xcode , right ?
That kind of integration I really need that .... hope I can find a way, because I defenatly can not use corona for the all app (buss and game, my goal is to build one single app), because my buss model app is complex and uses some features that corona does not have.

Tks again
@mob

@atmob,
if you want to compile your code in xcode, you will need a compatibility layer that will allow or provide you with an app that will convert the lua code in obj-c type code.

There is none at this moment that can do that. However there are a couple that I am aware of that will be available soon.

Rob is correct, there is no way to do this.

Tks for the clarification .... not happy with the result ... but will live with it ;)
I thought about a workaround , is it possible ?

Have in my buss app the game tab, so let the users know that there is an game related with the app.
So when use press it opens app store with the game showing, giving the choice to download the game.
And if the user already have the game installed already in his device, when it press the game tab on the app will automatically open the game ....
can it be done that way ?

Tks
@mob

Now that, you can do. Staring with one of the daily builds just before Christmas... we got the ability to use URL schemas.

Basically just like you can launch Gamecenter by going to the URL "gamecenter:" You can now create a URL schema: mycoolgame://passanythinyoulike.

When someone hits that URL in your app, the iPhone will launch your corona app, with the parameters you specified.

I don't know on the Objective-C/UIKit side of things if you can detect if that URL failed or not, but if you could and it did fail to load, you could then send them to the app store via the itms-apps:// url schema.

EDIT
I just checked and it appears that both openURL and canOpenURL both return true or false,

Tks,

I will give it a trie . and later I will post my results.
Tks
@mob

views:1668 update:2012/2/7 8:40:54
corona forums © 2003-2011