Game network questions

Seems like each of the supported game networks have their own strengths and weaknesses. I am a bit confused which way to go...

If I understand correctly, Game Network is iOS only. Papaya is Android only. OpenFeint supports both.

On Openfeint, are the leaderboards combined? Or are they separate based on device OS?

Is it better to keep these separate and use platform specific game networks? Seems like there are more features available that way.

Any comments/recommendations welcome.

This is an easy one. You use Game Center only on iOS and OpenFeint only on Android. Papaya was dead on arrival.

Apple will not promote or spotlight your game if you use OpenFeint (even if you include Game Center too). Plus, OpenFeint's feature set is weak compared to Game Center anyway.

Here's a trick to make multi-platform coding easier, even if you use OpenFeint only on Android and Game Center only on iOS:

1. Game Center lets you choose leader board/achievement identifiers.
2. OpenFeint assigns you leader board/achievement identifiers.

Therefore, you should put your leader boards and achievements into OpenFeint first. Then use the identifiers assigned to you for Game Center too. That way, you can use the same identifiers on iOS and Android with two different game networks.

Awesome!

Thanks for the quick reply blasterv... this really helps me out.

views:1597 update:2012/2/7 8:40:54
corona forums © 2003-2011