Reversing audio?

Hey everyone! I am working on a project for a client, and need to find a way to play an audio file backwards. Is it possible? I've attempted pitch changes, negative play speeds, etc but nothing seems to work.
I even tried moving an audio at twice the speed of sound towards the listener in OpenAL, but it didn't work.

Any suggestions?

Hello tylerthedesigner,

You could edit the audio file and save it, then play

ie: a forward version
ie: a backward version

but, you would have to load 2 files for each audio

Just a thought...that may work for ya..

Heres a link to a program that will do it...

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Hope that helps. ;)

Larry
"Follow Your Dreams!"

Unfortunately, that won't work for this particular project. I am looking to reverse audio recorded by the device, so it has to be internal.

Sorry, OpenAL (or most audio libraries for that matter) doesn't have built-in effects for playing audio in reverse. You would have to reverse the bytes in the file itself before you load it into OpenAL. I'm not really expecting Lua's built in file io library to be powerful or fast enough for your needs, but you could give it a go. (Remember not to reverse the file header, just the payload.) Or if your data is sufficiently small enough and super low latency is not a concern, you could send the data to a server which returns a reversed file back to you. (Think Siri.)

views:1956 update:2012/2/7 8:40:54
corona forums © 2003-2011