Free Game Idea

If you're looking for a game idea that's unique and has some good monetization opportunities built in, I just posted a complete game idea here:

http://gamedevnation.com/game-development/game-idea-paint-by-number-challenge/

Some of the things on Game Dev Nation require (free) membership, but this one is right out in the open for anyone to take advantage of.

Jay

... You totally posted that picture of your whiteboard just to mock me, didn't you Jay?

Seriously though, good stuff. I've wondered about that kind of game before. I used to like those as a kid :)

Peach

Nice idea. Checking if the color is correct shouldn't be that hard. I haven't tested tint, but I guess you set an rgb color. In that case you could probably just compare the tint color with wanted color, maybe with a tolerance of something like +- 10.

And maybe while there's a "right" answer you don't get any penalty for using something else. Which means the peacock I paint could look different than the peacock you paint, but they're both "correct."

Another thought I had was a pack of frames that could be done as an in-app purchase. After you frame your finished painting you can share it via email or web site with your friends. Maybe allow a message to be attached, etc.

Kind of like Apple's new Cards app, but instead of a picture that's taken with the camera, you're sending a picture that you've painted.

Jay

Extra things to paint would also make a pretty cool IAP for an app like that, I'd think.

Has anyone tried this idea yet?

views:1916 update:2012/2/6 12:03:31
corona forums © 2003-2011