[Mac] Corona Simulator (Terminal) Launcher (handy access)

Hey guys.

Just made a quick applescript program to enable you to :

A) Be able to have a dock entry (/app) for launching the corona simulator (with terminal)
B) handy for launching 2 simulator windows

Installation :

Just drag the the app into your applications folder, then if you want a dock entry drag the app from the applications folder into your dock.

Note : To launch two simulator windows you need to first launch corona as you would then launch the corona simulator launcher

Note2 : This applescript assumes you have installed corona in

Applications/CoronaSDK

And have not modified the name (or path), if you have you will either need to open up the app in applescript and modify the path or not use it i guess :)

Enjoy

www.infuseddreams.com/Corona-Terminal-Launcher.zip

That is really slick Danny! VERY VERY useful!

Thanks!

Any chance of a command line access script? Would love to set settings at te console and send my app to ios simulator. I have been testing a features that only work on hardware/iOS sim.

+1 and a command line build if there isn't one already. It would be nice to be in your editor, something like Sublime Text and hit CMD-B to launch the build system.

@Brad, maybe.. I only made this as I found the need for it myself and thought i might as well share.

@Rob: same as above :P

I can get it to launch, but lets say Corona is already running via the terminal. How can I get it just execute a build command from another app?

Hey rob, I use CPM so i usually have that running then the second one via my apple script.

So that way im getting two simulators, both outputting data, however For most cases just the one terminal output sufficed for me

My problem is I will be in Sublime and think I CMD-TAB to the simulator (or think I clicked on it) and hit CMD-B and get an error about "No Build System". Then I go "Doh!" in my best Homer Simpson, click on the simulator and then hit CMD-B again.

views:1866 update:2012/2/6 12:03:31
corona forums © 2003-2011