Free app with in app purchases vs paid app

Hello!

What do you think? As The subject say what do you think is best? Will people pay for enhancment in free games like in jetpack joyride where you can buy more coins? Or is it better to just sell it as a paid app?

If someone tested both and can compare it Would be great:)

Kind regards

I have only one app in which I tried this and the IAP version did better than the paid version.

That's by no means a definitive answer to your question but I thought I'd share what little experience I've got with it first hand.

Peach :)

Hey Peach!

Thanks for the answer! May i ask what in app purchases you have? I have seen some different like jetpack has no ads what i can see but road trip has and on payment the ads go away.

One downside i heard is that you won't be listed on the payed apps list on appstore?

One thing i first thought myself was a good thing with in app purchase is that you can combine full and lite version so you don't have to have two different versions on appstore, however after some thinking you may not get exposed as much as with an lite and an payed because of that you only then gets in the free list on appstore.

Whats the name of your in app game? Would love to test and investigate it=)

Kind regards

views:2190 update:2012/1/15 11:04:51
corona forums © 2003-2011