Joystick VS Arrows

Hello Community, I'm using a simple left/right movement on my game player, but I would like to know what you think or what is better for you (more comfortable) and why.

I prefer arrows to move my player, like Zombieville USA controls because the joystick like in Age of Zombies or any iOS FPS (First Person Shooter) is uncomfortable for me.

virtual joystick is a horrible thing in all games, i think touch gaming should not be like that, its not convenient to play with virtual joystick

still, if there's no way to play without it then i prefer arrows, but its really depend from game to game

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. I think virtual joysticks are way nicer than arrows. Joysticks look much more attractive and professional. Arrows look amateur and are more different to control your character.

Regards,
Jordan Schuetz
Ninja Pig Studios

Personally I love arrows for movement but a joystick for shooting in games where appropriate.

:)

I agree with you Ninja Pig, the joysticks are nicer than arrows (graphically), but they are hard to use, and my game will be like Zombieville USA, just left/right and right/left, so I think that the best control are the arrows, but I'll make nice arrows (graphically).

views:1604 update:2012/1/13 9:04:04
corona forums © 2003-2011