Sound - ability to do a voice changer app ?

Does Corona have the appropriate tools to record my voice and then perform distortion like a voice changer?

oops - just found the TEMPLATES section of the website offering examples on sound.

My fault. I can't seem to get my head around finding stuff easily on the Corona website. Wish it was laid out better. Must be me.

Did you find a method for distorting the audio in the way you mentioned?

hello06

I don't think you can get at the audio data directly from the tuner.

You can however capture the audio and do post processing on it.

However Corona haven't implemented audio capture in raw or wav for Android. It only captures in 3gp format, which has prevented me from doing an Android version of my app.

Fingers crossed they'll fix this soon.

Cheers - are there any resources/tutorials you'd recommend for post processing audio and playing it back?

That's awful news about the lack of Android support! I thought it was build once, deploy everywhere :/

re tutorials, I don't have anything I'm afraid. Google is your friend for that. You'll be working with raw sound data when you capture on iOS version (hopefully Android soon), so you're free to do what you like.

Once you've done your sound data processing you can simply bolt on your .wav header to the raw data and hey presto you have your .wav ready to play. Plenty of info on the net as to how a wav file is contructed - really simple.

As for Corona, there's so much to do, I suppose some features slip from time to time. It's a good product and the staff are always willing to help.

views:1608 update:2012/1/13 9:04:04
corona forums © 2003-2011