ScrollView causing app to crash on device.

Just updated to build 703, and still having the same problem. As the title states, the scrollView from the new widget library (0.2), is causing my app to crash on the device. It works fine using the Corona Simulator.

Here is my code:

scrollView = widget.newScrollView{left=244,top=290, height=113, width=530, bgColor={0,0,0,0}, maskFile = "scrollMask.png"}
chatWindow:insert(scrollView.view)

I believe this issue has been fixed in one of the daily builds (the widget version you have access to at the moment is very much outdated).

Daily builds are available to subscribers, or you can wait for the next public release in which all daily build features up to that point are released to the public.

@jonathanbeebe - As stated in my original post, I have upgrade to build 703. My paid subscription is under my company's email address, and this account is used simply for forum posts. I am still having this issue with the newest available daily build.

scrollView widget still works for me on build 703. Can you provide more code?

Yes, could you please fill out a bug report and submit a test-case sample project that shows the problem in isolation? The smaller the project, and the more you can narrow it down the better. It also helps determine if its a problem with your code, or if it is an actual bug.

Thanks. Here's a link to the bug reporter:
http://developer.anscamobile.com/content/bug-submission

a bug report, along with steps to reproduce and a test case, have been submitted. Case #10470.

For anyone else that is interested, the crash occurs when you add a scrollView's view object to a group, and add that group to another group. Below is code that demonstrates the issue.

local widget = require("widget")

local localGroup = display.newGroup()
local chatWindow = display.newGroup()

local scrollView = widget.newScrollView{left=0,top=0, height=113, width=530, bgColor={0,0,0,0}, maskFile = "scrollMask.png"}

chatWindow:insert(scrollView.view)
localGroup:insert(chatWindow)

I'm experiencing this bug as well, and have noticed that it only occurs if I have a maskFile specified. Try out your test case and see if it works when you comment out the line concerning maskFile.

That may help out the engineers that are working on this.

Thanks,

Matt
W2MD

views:2086 update:2012/1/3 13:02:13
corona forums © 2003-2011