os.exit() not working as expected

Hi all,
For development purposes I have an exit button in my game(which I will remove later).
It executes the following statement:
os.exit()

But...even though the game works as expected and returns to the iPad home screen I notice my game is listed as a suspended game in the suspended game list accessible via a double tap on the home button.
I'm guessing this is just the OS works on the iPad?
Anyone have any info on this?
Thanks,
-Dennis

I'm having the same problem. I have UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend = false, for the Facebook single login functionality, but I want my app to close for real when the user presses the home button.

I am using os.exit() on the system event 'ApplicationExits' but the app stays open (as seen when double tapping).

Any ways to fix this?

If you have UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend = false, then your app will not quit. It only suspends to the background, and when you start the app again it will continue where it left off.

If you set UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend = true, it will quit. *However* you will still see it in the list when you double tap (iOS4+). Even though it's in this list, when you start the app again it will initialize from the start.

views:1484 update:2012/1/1 13:29:50
corona forums © 2003-2011