Inneractive iPad banner looks squashed - normal?

Hi there,

My InnerActive iPad banners look 'squashed' vertically. They take up the normal whole screen width (in portrait orientation), but the text and image looks very horizontal.

I just wonder if it is normal like this, or wrong in my app. The image on the left is horizontal, not square (almost twice as wide as it is high), and the 'arrow' to the left side is formed by two lines at approximately 45 and -45 degrees angles. Is this the same for you people?

Thanks for confirming,
Thomas

Have you got any screenshots?

Peach :)

I have same issue. The ad looks fine on iPod Touch, iPhone (normal and retina). On iPad in both 1x and 2x the ad content scales too large to fit in space reserved for the ad. Not sure how to load image here.

Can either one of you please file a bug report and post the # here?

Peach :)

case #10814

--

Another point: The most difficult thing about Corona is the filing of a bug report. It makes everything else seem simple.

Hi PhilB1,

Thanks for the bug report. I have a pretty important question that I think could and should be answered already: which of the following will be the outcome of the bug fix?

A) The banner size will remain 766 x 66 but the image delivered will be unsquashed.
B) The banner size will change proportionally to 766 x 130 (or 786 x 130 - I don't mind those 2 pixels).

There's something to be said for both option. B keeps the same proportion for all banners ads (be it iPad or iPhone) but A works better for dynamic content scaling - since the proportion of the iPad screen is 'lower' the lower ad height works better with the existing content.

But I do really really want to know as soon as possible, since I am going to build my game around the ad size. So Carlos, Orly, anyone, please inform us as to what to expect!

thx,
Thomas

Hey Tomas and Phil,

I have sent this to our support team and will wait for their reply.

From another forum I remember that ROBMIRACLE posted the following:

"I heard from an iPad tester tonight and she sent me some screen shots.

The iPad ads scale up proportionally. I didn't see any skewing. The one on my iPhone is centering properly using this code:

local adX = display.contentWidth / 2 - 160

On the iPad, the ad is shifted to the left a little bit. I suspect that its because of my math above"

I am not sure if it helps in any way but maybe you can contact Rob - http://developer.anscamobile.com/forum/2011/12/05/inneractive-ads-has-anyone-tried-it

In any case, will update once I have the reply from our support team about it.

Orly@inner-active.com

Well after looking at the screen shots a 2nd time, I'm not convinced they are normal. There could be some squishing going on.

Is it possible, when the app zooms in on a frame and the rest of the screen goes black, to adjust the opacity so it doesn't go totally black? but that one would be able to see surrounding artwork but readers focus would be on the frame we have chosen?Apple MacBook Pro MD318LLA //MacBook Pro MD318LLA/Samsung NP300V5A//Apple MacBook Air MC969LLA//Apple MacBook Pro MD314LLA//Acer AS5733Z 4469//

Something similar happens on Android 3+ Tablets and on phones with Android 4+. Same code works ok on Android 2.1-2.3 (and we also tried inMobi and it works fine).

I am adding a picture from Nexus S with Android 4 where ad is not displayed properly.

views:1691 update:2011/12/31 9:35:10
corona forums © 2003-2011