Pool-like aim helper

Hello everybody,

I'm very close to releasing my first Corona game, a physics puzzle pool-like. The only thing i really cannot figure out is how to make a aim helper system (like the one in Yahoo Pool, for example). Right now, i have a helper line that has as origin the middle of the cueball and as other end the bumper side in the diagonal opposite direction. However, i find the Yahoo Pool aim helper much better, since you can estimate the impact point and the post-collision trajectories of the involved balls.

Has anybody have any info on that? Even the algorythm behind it?

Thank you in advance,
Alex.

I wonder if it would be possible and feasible to use an invisible cue ball, then constantly have it simulate the path, and record the points it went through and draw a visible line through them? This test-cue-ball -- which would be bit-masked appropriately in order not to touch the real cue ball -- would probably have high speed but super low density and always end upon the second collision or so, and possibly, you would have to make all ball bodyTypes static for the test.

Sorry if this is not feasible, I'm just thinking out loud in the hopes it may help!

Anyone had success with the aim helper for pool? any new ideas?
I am trying Philipp's idea, launching a invisible ball.

views:1351 update:2011/12/29 9:44:01
corona forums © 2003-2011