Build Issue

Hi Guys,

I am working on the Windows version of Corona and am in a position where I want to to test my game on my IPad. I have bought a Mac Mini (Peach very kindly pointed me in the right direction) and have installed Xcode and done all the certificate stuff and keychain. I was hoping that I could just use the Mac as a "compiling" machine - didn't really want the Mac in first place! However I am now beginning to realise that I will have to install Corona on the Mac as I can't build to Apple on the PC. I was hoping that build to a file (as I can do for Android) and then transfer the file to the Mac and do whatever mysterious processes need to be done there.

My question is, do I really need to deauthorise my PC for Corona and transfer my whole development environment to the Mac. This will be a complete pain the the proverbials. I have Photoshop and other resources on the PC thatI need for development.

My second question is: If I do have to swap, I have seen messages on the forum saying that they have deauthorised from one machine but then couldn't authorise the other. Has this been sorted out.

Thanks

Adrian

Hey Adrian,

Grats on the Mac - even if you aren't real excited about it yet ;)

You can actually run Corona on two machines at once, so you can have it authorized on the PC and on the Mac.

So, provided you've only got your PC authorized at the moment just go and authorize on the Mac too. If you have more than one PC authorized to run Corona, deauthorize one of them, then do the Mac.

You can't build on PC then transfer it across and do anything to make it run - iOS apps must be compiled on Mac, no two ways about it.

Let me know how you go - if for some reason you have any issues you can post here and I'll get back to you, or, if you've authorized 2 machines already and for some reason cannot deauthorize one yourself in order to use the Mac you can contact support using this form; http://developer.anscamobile.com/forms/support and they will be able to help you out with that.

Peach :)

Thanks Peach. For some reason I had the idea that you could only have one machine at a
time. Everything is working fine and my app looks great on the iPad!! No doubt I'll get used to the Mac!

Thanks as ever.

Adrian

Not a problem - there was a limit of one machine long ago (about a year) but no, all subscribers get two now :)

I used to be a PC person. When I was given my first Mac I wanted a PC instead, however I soon adjusted and now I love Macs.

Even if you don't become a convert (which you probably will ;)) you'll find it is still a joy to use once you adjust.

Peach :)

views:1316 update:2011/12/29 9:44:01
corona forums © 2003-2011