Font Certification?

I am trying to use a font I downloaded off the internet. Whenever I try to use it on my device it doesn't work. I have been trying to use the custom font approach taught in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6r2V4Nd2Vw. He says to make sure I "have a license to use that font". If I got it off of 101fonts.com, do I still have to be "licensed"? If so, how is that done?

Much appreciated,
J.K.

it will work no matter of license
i use free fonts and they work just fine on simulator and device
make sure that you specified them in your build.settings file to use them

Thanks Dark.

Also know that *some* fonts have issues, so if you experience problems you can rule that out by seeing if the same error happens when you use system.nativeFont.

Regarding licenses, free font sites are a little tricky. The way most work is that they'll have a note somewhere on the download page specifying what you're allowed to do with it. If not, there should be a license file within the font download zip.

Here are some things you'll see:

"Free for personal use" - Means you can use the font, but cannot use it in anything you plan on selling (such as a paid app, or an even a free app that is monetized in some way).

"Free for personal/commercial use" - Means you can use the font whether it's for a personal project or for a commercial endeavor.

"Attribution required" - means you have to place a note somewhere giving the author credit.

License files within the download usually let you know how to purchase a commercial license if they don't allow it. If they don't specify, you can always contact the author and request permission to use it commercially.

views:1844 update:2011/12/27 8:54:37
corona forums © 2003-2011