HELP - Display.newGroup and display.newRoundedRect

Here is the issue.

I create a display group, then a newRoundedRect. I added the newRoundedRect to the display group.

If I move the display group around on the screen, the newRoundRect does not mote, it keeps it location on the screen.

I would think that it should move based on its position in the display group, not the XY of the screen.

Also If I add a newText object, it does move with the display group so thats why I think the newRoundRect should as well.

Even if i add the newRoundRect to the display group then set the positions of the newround rect in the group then move the group the newRoundedRect maintains screen xy positions.

Am I Wrong? Or should I do something different.

local loadingGroup=display.newGroup()

--local myRoundedRect = display.newRoundedRect(loadingGroup, 0, 0, 250, 150, 12)
  local myRoundedRect = display.newRoundedRect(0, 0, 250, 150, 12)
  myRoundedRect.strokeWidth = 3
  myRoundedRect:setFillColor(140, 140, 140)
  myRoundedRect:setStrokeColor(180, 180, 180)
  myRoundedRect.alpha = 0.5;

loadingGroup:insert(myRoundedRect)
  loadingGroup.x, loadingGroup.y = 225, 50

To me this code seems fine - I just tested it and commenting out the last line, uncommenting it again, etc. does make a difference. Moving loadingGroup with a transition.to() also moves the rectangle fine.

What version of Corona are you using currently?

Have I misunderstood the issue, perhaps?

Peach :)

>>Your dead on to the problem.

As far as version I am not exactly sure as I am not at home right now on that computer, but I am no more than 3 builds behind the latest build.

I can download the latest build and see what happens.

I'll note my current build first.

Thanks

Larry
DoubleSlashDesign.com

views:1802 update:2011/12/1 20:56:45
corona forums © 2003-2011