problem sheet @1 too small!

Hi,

I want to pack a swf which contains 20 frames of 960x640 image.

Then I got this warning: sheet @1 too small!

So I assume there is an image size limit of sprite sheet spriteloq can export.

So, what is the size limit?

Also I tried to export @0.5, and got the sheet@0_5.png, but no sheet@0_5.lua.

Do I have to export sheet @1 to get the water_sprite.lua?

Thanks!

Hi ayrtbh,

Yes there's a limit of 2048x2048 for a single sheet. 20 frames of 960x640 is too big to pack into a sprite sheet and still have it load on a retina device. On most android devices the limit is 1024x1024.

You can click the 'auto size' button to see what sizes are available. Without know what your source material is you have a couple of options:

1) reduce the size of your asset. Can you cut it in half or quarter it then scale it up? Pros: easy to do. Cons: final output might not look as sharp as you'd like
2) capture portions of the asset into multiple sheets and stich them together with newMultiSet Pros: you get full res assets Cons: it's tedious, and the newMultiSet process isn't fully tested so there may be bugs
3) break up your asset into multiple assets and animate programmatically. Pros: you get full res assets Cons: more programming work, some Flash capabilities may not be supported by Corona

I've seen people be successful with 1 or 3 in some cases. 2 is a pain to deal with but at times can be your only option.

With regards to the sheet sizes exporting. If you can't export a sprite sheet at the scales you've defined in options, then the export process stops. So if the @1 (the native/original size) can't export then @0.5 won't export either.

Hi Don,

OK I see, I'll try them.
Thanks!

views:1380 update:2011/11/26 9:01:35
corona forums © 2003-2011