Creating text that can be typed in-game

Hi, I'm eleven years old and kind of a novice at Corona.

I was wondering. I want to make an app that will require the ability to make "forms" or areas where you can type in text, kind of like comment forms on websites. Is this possible? Am I able to make something where I can type in text while playing the game?

If not, thanks anyways.

Check the API reference. There are some sample API's for text fields. Don't be discouraged because of your age, I'm only 17 which is a very young age to start mobile application development.

Regards,
Jordan Schuetz
Ninja Pig Studios

I'm afraid I'm not finding what I need. I did find stuff involving Facebook and Twitter login and uploading tweets (and I can use these for what I'm planning on doing), but I want to find a simple, straight-forward way to create 'forms' that text can be typed into, an where that text can be saved as globals. That last part is very important. If I can't use it to be saved as globals, then it's kinda worthless for what I'm trying to do.

Thank you.

EDIT:
Forget what I said. I was being silly and looking page by page instead of looking at the up-front list. I'll take a look at the APIs there. Sorry about the inconvenience. ;)

views:1535 update:2011/11/17 9:28:17
corona forums © 2003-2011