Default.png: duration

I am wondering if there's any influence that we might have over the duration of time the Default.png displays? Maybe a setting in config.lua? I ask because with smaller apps, the load time on fast hardware (iPhone4/4S) can be quite quick and the Default.png can appear and disappear so quickly.

Some people have resorted to "continuing" to display the image once their code starts up - and then the trick is to try and make it look like the transition is seamless, which is nearly impossible with the bar disappearing at the top as code starts to execute.

Without artificially bloating the code to prolong the load time, is there a simple manipulation we can impose? I'm guessing no, but thought I'd inquire.

No there's not, sorry.

Peach

OK, thanks Peach for the quick response. I'll do what others have done which is continue displaying the Default.png; there's a thread that talks about it here for those that are interested:

http://developer.anscamobile.com/forum/2011/02/24/seamless-transition-defaultpng-mainlua-displaying-defaultpng

views:1610 update:2011/11/17 9:28:17
corona forums © 2003-2011