AdMob helper module

Hi guys,

Here is the AdMob module I made based on kam187's work. It is similar in use to my InMobi helper module if you tried it.

This allows for easy switching between AdMob in InMobi in your game:

require "admob"
require "inmobi"

require "settings"

-- assuming "isFreeVersion" and "isAdMob" are defined in the "settings" module

if settings.isFreeVersion then
   if settings.isAdMob then
       admob.showAd(true)
   else
       inmobi.showAd(1, 0, 0)
   end
end

any trouble with Apple approval process when implementing either InMobi or AdMob ?

@rbhfst I haven't yet ported my app to iOS, so can't comment. AdMob performance for me was very poor. I wrote to AdMob guys and they suggested switching to AdSense instead, since they have some fill rate problems with AdMob (duh!). So I did and there _is_ a difference. With AdMob ads only showed up from time to time here in Russia and they were not relevant at all. Now I see ads every single time, some relevant (i.e. in Russian), some not, but they always show up. Also CPC is higher.

And it's very easy to make the code above work with AdSense too, just replace the script tags with the ones from AdSense and that's it.

Another nice thing about AdSense ads that you don't have this annoying ad centering issue. You know, when the AdMob ad shows up it quickly jumps 2 pixels to the side and back. Maybe it's not a big deal - Blast Monkeys have it too, but it always bothered me. With AdSense it's gone :)

So to wrap it up, AdSense is a clear winner here.

InMobi 320x48 ads won't show up on Android at all (or at least didn't - don't know, maybe they fixed this). People also complained about performance.

AdMob has fill rate problems and shows a lot of (jumping:) irrelevant ads in some countries.

AdSense - no problems so far. But I'll let you know if I find something.

views:1734 update:2011/11/5 17:18:39
corona forums © 2003-2011