Universal binary/Dynamic resolutions - So frustrating

Hi guys,

I have two weeks now trying to figure it out how to support all 3 resolutions: 3Gs, iPhone4 & Ipad without scaling the images and without having the 2 black bars at the top and bottom on the iPad.

In Ghost vs Monsters for example everything runs alright except the iPad where you can see the black bars at top & bottom.

Can someone tell me exactly what I need to do (config file, build settings, images) in order to have a nice and clean universal build which will look the same on all the iOS devices?

Keep in mind that I also want to maintain the position of the actors and I want to give them only one position without using IFs to detect on which device is running.

I'm also willing to pay someone for their help because I need this fixed asap.

Thank you!

One thing: use the letterbox option. After that it's just a matter of always using coordinates relative to 480x320 and using newImageRect when creating images. To support iPad make sure the images that are supposed to fill the screen are in 4:3 format and the newImageRect object is the right size (480x360). Contact me geral at cluelessideas dot com if you need more (professional) help.

I'm using letterbox and newImageRect and on iPad I still see the black bars at the top & bottom.

I will send you an email right now.

Thank you

views:1222 update:2011/10/26 9:29:31
corona forums © 2003-2011