Spriteloq v1.3.2 out

Updated with a fix for non-zero reference points and spritesheet scaling. Thanks for reporting Naomi!

Super duper awesome, Don! Thanks so much for updating the Spriteloq in a light speed!

You mentioned something about testing the dynamic resolution with physics. I realize I don't use spritesheet on display objects with physics body... I use spritesheet mostly on effects, so I doubt I could report how it goes with physics. But I'll definitely let you know if I see anything.

Anyhow, honestly, I'm astounded by how quickly you sorted this one out -- and I love the new scaling feature!

Naomi

P.S. Before I posted this, I decided to re-export all my spritesheets, and see how it runs on device, and I've noticed there's one spritesheet that doesn't align properly. It's the one that uses the upper-left corner as its reference point. When the spritesheet uses center as its reference point, it works perfectly fine, but when it uses upper-left, it gets mis-aligned on iPad (no problem with iPhone/iPhone4). I've sent you a test project file via email for you to take a look. I can always work around it by setting the reference point to center (and re-positioning the object), but if there's a fix, it would be real nice for users who export SWF that doesn't use center as its reference point.

Yeah, I see. The positioning is off. Looking into it.

I've updated the Spriteloq API zip to fix the issue so please redownload it.

http://www.loqheart.com/spriteloq/download.html

Great news !

I dare ... : what if you add the "load png" feature to spriteloq ... (don't hit me)

OMG,yesss, if it's possible at all to load "Default.png" that animates and has dynamic image resolution -- that would be incredible.

Naomi

A quick note to let everyone know that reference point issue is fully fixed with the latest API (dated today, Oct. 22nd).

Thanks, Don!!!

Naomi

@Antheor

Load 'png' ain't happening in a million years. But feel free to write something compatible with the Spriteloq API if you want. :) Or maybe you can convince Ansca to buy Spriteloq and get it in there. muwhahahha

@Naomi

Default.png is not animate-able as far as I know. You best bet is to load very little upfront. Get one sprite animating for your splash screen then do the rest of your loading.

Now let's see those games!

Thanks, Don! I'll look into some posts I saw about pre-loader, and also try and see if I'd come up with something that feels right for Default.png. I do have very little upfront. My main.lua and menu.lua don't have much -- but maybe I could do better.

BTW, I do have a few spritesheet-animated objects that are also physics body after all. (Can't believe I've forgotten about them earlier this morning. My brain was still asleep I suppose.) And yes, the new dynamic resolution for spritesheet is working perfectly fine with my static physics bodies and sensors.

Cheers!
Naomi

views:1516 update:2011/10/25 9:10:48
corona forums © 2003-2011