Control/Remove joint elasticty?

I'm playing around with physics and I'm trying to make my "pivot" joints more rigid and remove the elasticity, when I drag the hand (using touch joint physics object dragging) the arm and fore arm start pulling apart. I can control the extent of how far I drag away from the shoulder, but if I do it quickly momentum tears the limbs apart anyway.

At Rest

Being dragged by the hand

Any Solutions? So far I can't find anything in the documentation to control this. I want to keep the joints together and just have them rotate without them coming apart or ideally control how much they can come apart.

A sample of what I'm doing, I'm using the touch joint for dragging the hand around, similar issues with regular dragging. Even without dragging I'm worried about having them come apart in the simulation because of other forces. My goal is to animate the hand moving around with the rest of the arm following.

human.leftArm = display.newImage("arm.png")
  human.leftArm.x = human.body.x + 27
  human.leftArm.y = human.body.y - 45
  physics.addBody(human.leftArm,"dynamic") 
  human.lShoulder = physics.newJoint( "pivot", human.body, human.leftArm, human.leftArm.x ,human.leftArm.y -10 )

human.leftForeArm = display.newImage("foreArm.png")
 human.leftForeArm.x = human.leftArm.x 
 human.leftForeArm.y = human.leftArm.y + human.leftArm.height - 8 
 physics.addBody(human.leftForeArm,"dynamic")  
 local lElbow = physics.newJoint( "pivot", human.leftArm, human.leftForeArm, human.leftForeArm.x ,human.leftForeArm.y -8 )

human.leftHand = display.newImage("hand.png")
  human.leftHand.x = human.leftForeArm.x 
  human.leftHand.y = human.leftForeArm.y + human.leftForeArm.height - 12
  physics.addBody(human.leftHand,"dynamic")
  local lWrist = physics.newJoint( "pivot",human.leftForeArm, human.leftHand, human.leftHand.x ,human.leftHand.y -3 )
views:1280 update:2011/10/22 9:46:13
corona forums © 2003-2011