Corona Pro for Windows Question

Hi.
I am a windows based developer.
I would like to purchase Corona Pro but it's unclear from your pricing adverts on your website wether I will be able to develop for both ios and Android all natively from Windows if I pay the $349.00. It appears that all I will get is a Mac version and a Windows version for that price. Can you please clear this up as I would like to purchase the Pro Package but a Mac version would be useless to me.

Many tanks
D.K

Hey there,

You are correct; the Pro price allows users to develop for both iOS and Android, however to develop for iOS you also need access to a Mac.

If you only have access to Windows then you are limited to building for Android and you would look at the Indie Windows/Android only licence.

Sorry, Apple doesn't have Xcode for Windows ;)

Peach

Thanks Peach :)

So if I developed an app for Android on Windows Corona, could that file be saved and loaded into the Mac version and output for ios from a Mac?

Cheers
D.K

Yes;

If you write an app using Corona on Windows (so for Android, obviously) and then you get access to a Mac, if you have a Pro licence you could then copy the project over to the Mac and build it for the iPhone and iPad.

I hope that's clear enough but if it isn't please feel free to ask more questions, I'm totally happy to help :)

Peach

Thanks so much Peach :)

I do have one more question.

When I have created an app, what does corona offer as far as publishing it goes?

Thanks again
D.K

Corona/Ansca Mobile is not a publisher.

However, you can submit your app to the showcase to get some extra exposure, if you get app of the week or app of the month you can get free licence extensions, you should also look at the LaunchPad dashboard under services and see some of App Marketing & Discovery links.

There are some good descriptions here; http://developer.anscamobile.com/dashboard/services/

Does that answer your question or is it not specific enough?

Do let me know - I'll check back in later in case you have any other questions, or if I've been terribly unclear, or totally missed the point ;)

Peach :)

views:1375 update:2011/10/22 9:46:13
corona forums © 2003-2011