iPhone 4 +

Hey guys curious what I need to do specify that we want to release for iPhone 4 and up...no ipad. I think it's a setting or something in the pList, but in terms of corona what do I do?

When you go to build, choose iPhone-only (not iPad, not Universal).

There's no way to not allow an iPad to use iPhone apps, that's just something they're allowed to do; however, if it's not built for iPad, it will show in a tiny window on the iPad screen, but behave just as it does on the iPhone.

Thanks for responding! Won't that allow every version of iPhone to be able to download the app? My app will only run on iPhone 4 and iPhone 4s. How do I make a build for iPhone 4 and greater phones?

What features are you using that is phone specific that Corona SDK has API support for? Or are you looking to run on iOS4 or later?

It just runs too slowly on the 3gs. I want to restrict it to run on the iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, and any newer iphones. I've read online that you can specify that it requires the gyroscope in the pList and that will eliminate the 3gs and lower phones. Curious how we would do that in corona.

Well if you know the plist value, you can just put it in your build.settings file. There is a plist key in build.settings and everything in that key gets added to the bundle.s plist.

plist=
{
UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities=
{
"gyroscope",
},
}

So just add that UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities block to your build.settings inside of plist and that should take care of it.

views:1355 update:2011/10/22 9:46:13
corona forums © 2003-2011