Build For Specific Devices?

I'm trying to publish an app that runs only on ipad2 and iphone4. Is there any way to specify this when I build from Corona? If there another way to set this?

I am not 100% sure, from the top of my head you need to set it in the pList where you specify the minimum version of the device you need it to run on.

cheers,

?:)

Thanks for the quick response. I came to the same conclusion from my search across the forums:

MinimumOSVersion="4.0"

The issue is just a matter of performance. I have a game that works fine on iPad2, less fine on iPad1. I was hoping to release for iPad2 only until I can put together a "Lite" version for iPad1 (probably just scale the whole thing back a bit). Also works great on iPhone4, less so on older models (LOVE the scaling in Corona).

ANSCA - any thoughts on adding this? Is this something that the App Store just doesn't handle?

Does the iPad1 have a camera? If not, you can specify that your app needs this feature (even if it really doesn't) to prevent it from loading on an iPad1.

http://developer.anscamobile.com/forum/2011/07/06/prevent-old-iphone-and-ipod-users-downloading-app

The first line of my plist:

UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities = {"video-camera"},

When I upload to the App Store, I get the following error:

This bundle is invalid. The key UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities in the Info.plist may not contain values that would prevent this application from running on devices that were supported by previous versions. (1091).

Why is that happening?

views:1615 update:2011/10/19 14:58:09
corona forums © 2003-2011