CPM on OSX suddenly won't open

Jay,

Everytime I now try to open CPM, I get the CPM Quit Unexpectedly error, and I can't open CPM at all.

I know I am up to date with the latest version, and I believe that after I upgraded is when the problem arose. It used to be sporadic, and trying to start a few times in a row, would open CPM, eventually.

Now, there is no joy. It just won't open at all.

I can send you the report that OSX wants to submit to Apple, if it will help, otherwise, I am at a loss.....perhaps installing an older version?

Mike Hovland

I`ve got the same problem once when I was "playing" with the fonts of the CPM editor (changing all the time them to see which one I would like to use) and so I got this problem.

Solution: Delete and Reinstall the CPM! Yes, bad! for me worse because I had to "setup" all my flow again...but it was done.

PS: Hope that Jay`s get this bug out soon btw.

Regards,

This actually happened to me the other day -- when the dev can't get their own program to launch you know something's wrong. :(

I had to reinstall CPM again, but only the app, not the database, so didn't have to set things up again.

You can always find the latest version here:

http://coronaprojectmanager.com/blog/

If you reinstall you shouldn't have to set everything up again.

And yes, I am looking into why this happened. :(

Jay

Thank you Jay for the reply.

BTW Would you tell me HOW to get OUR setups already included into CPM even if need to reinstall it again?

Because that was the worse part of the proccess for me when I needed to reinstall the CPM. If all my folders and projects were already there after installing it again...WOW...I would not mind that much if that "crash" happens again. :\

Regards,
Rodrigo.

When CPM is installed it creates a folder: ~/Library/Application Support/Corona Project Manager/

In that folder it creates the database that holds all the project information -- but that's only created if it's missing. Which means even if you delete the CPM app file itself that database should still remain.

So when you trashed the crashed CPM did you also delete the folder in Application Support? Otherwise, I'm not sure why you would have to recreate the projects.

I install and reinstall different versions all the time and my projects all stay intact.

If you use something like AppZapper that searches for associated files, then yes, it will find the database file and get rid of it, too. But if you just drag Corona Project Manager.app to the trash and reinstall, you should be fine. (Should be. :)

Jay

Hey Jay,

Many thanks for your "light"! :]

Now I got it! YES, I did delete the CPM last time using a app like that you mentioned that does get all other files linked to the principal .app in target. So it was my fault! :(

So now I learned it. If I get in trouble again (what I think is really hard to be using CPM honestly) I`ll be able to keep my config there.

Cheers,
Rodrigo.

Thanks everyone. I seem to have gotten things back to a working state.

views:1575 update:2011/10/19 14:58:09
corona forums © 2003-2011