help with dragging object around a circle or square track

Hey guys,
I am new as of last week and stuck! Corona SDK is awesome, but I am still to new I guess. I am trying to drag a square object around a square track and I want the object to be constrained at it's middle to the square track as I drag it. So it only moves when I touch it and it only moves on that track if that makes sense. So far all I can do is drag it on a straight line. Any suggestions or insight would be very appreciated. Thanks!
SM

Are you new just to Corona or to development/programming in general?

Here are some thoughts for you on how to resolve it

Create a path with points, and as you drag the object, move it on that path, that way it will be constrained to the track you have.

cheers,

?:)

new to programming in general, but learning as fast as I can. Thanks, I will see if I can figure out what you said. The logic makes sense, I am just new to learning how to code.

Then the first piece of advice for you in general is to spend some time *reading* look at the Code Exchange, there are wonderful examples there that will teach you a lot of things.

Also try to learn about the basics of game development, otherwise you will always have a question if your basics will be poor.

cheers,

?:)

views:1524 update:2011/10/19 8:59:29
corona forums © 2003-2011