Corona SDK For Windows Update now available

The new update fixes a bunch of bugs and updates performance and other issues as well.

Download it at

http://developer.anscamobile.com/downloads/coronasdk

Carlos

Carlos,

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to ask you about dropping support for ARMv6. The MyTouch 1.2 is in widespread use today and is based on the Qualcomm chip with ARMv6 instructions. I have not tested yet but it would seem that the latest build will no longer work with Android 2.2 on these devices (ARMv7 only).

There are a boatload of handsets based on the Qualcomm processor, they are all currently running Android 2.1 or 2.2 and most of them are < 2 years old. Are you really going to stop supporting them?

Just wondering what your thoughts are.

Yes. I made it very clear. Since January I have asked a lot of you doing Android work about feedback and performance issues and moving to faster ARM7 processors and almost 99% of you said, go for it.

Search the forums for additional comments.

2.2 ARM7 devices now account for almost 60% of the Android market share.

And performance was an issue. Your, and your colleagues here requested us to drop support for slower phones dude to customers leaving you a one star rating on the app.

Also, our competitors are moving to ARM7 only. We can't afford to have an SDK that is known to create (perception) slow apps.

C.

views:1763 update:2011/9/19 13:40:57
corona forums © 2003-2011