Problem Android Buid

Hi everyone, I have an Iphone / Ipad Project and I want to make it Android but when i try to build appears:

Files placed in Android "res" directories (e.g. sound & video) must not contain Java keywords and must conform to the character set [A-Z, a-z, 0-9, _]. These files also may not begin with numbers. Please rename your files and try again.

Any help?

Android has more file restrictions than iOS. Namely, you can't name your asset files with Java keywords such as "boolean", "float", "double", etc. This is because Android does automatic code generation and creates functions in its default Resource class for all of your asset files. Also, Android can't differentiate asset files by extension. So, the name of your files (to the left of the period) have to be unique.

Bottom Line: Your only option is to rename your files. It's a bummer, I know, but that's just the way it is for now.

Notice that the build process sites a warning for every file it has an issue with. You'll have to modify each file one by one until all of the warnings are cleared.

Thank you Joshua. Now I got another problem. The icon is not visible in the device, only appear in every app I build the Corona icon. Thank you.

Android apps have different resolution icons than iOS. This means you need to create new icons files just for Android. The Android build process looks for the following icon files...

Icon-hdpi.png
Icon-mdpi.png
Icon-ldpi.png

If you do not provide these image files, then Corona will use its default Corona icon for your app. You can find more details about these files, such as expected image sizes, at the following web page...

http://developer.anscamobile.com/content/building-devices-android#Application_Icons

Thank you Joshua, sorry another question: the build.settings and the config.lua have another indications to android.

Again thanks for the help.

Thank you Joshua, sorry another question: the build.settings and the config.lua have another indications to android.

Again thanks for the help.

You can find information about config.lua and build.settings here...
http://developer.anscamobile.com/content/configuring-projects

The important thing to note is that you set Android permissions in "build.settings" and you set the default orientation of your app in "config.lua".

I'll refer "Android Library Project" as ALP. With the help of this library I am able to avoid problem by android build

views:1776 update:2011/10/15 21:01:16
corona forums © 2003-2011