respawn after death

Hi, I'm just creating my really first game... I'm on my way, but I need a little help.. so

I'm using as a level base, something like ParallaxAndPlyer example, almost the same, with a few changes.

I've set a new property on a tile named "Kill" (think of a rock), so when player have a collision with this type of object, I need to respawn the player at differentes points (think this like a checkpoint)...
In this sample, player is on map (I mean, on tiled file), and simply tmx file does not have a spawn object (like tutorial 9. ControllingAPlatformerCharactersJump).

I want to know what is better for my problem... I can control sequences and sprites in lua.. but i like how easy I can do this in Lime, so i just want to have a player in map with his properties. I was thinking to make some "respawnPoints", as objects in Tiled, and make this little char get "imported" from tmx file and set spawn in thats respawnPoints.... can someone help me?

You should be able to have as you say something like a respawn point similar to how the pickups work in the Collectibles sample. Every time the player collides with one just store of its position so that when the player dies you can just respawn it at that position.

views:1544 update:2011/10/13 16:30:09
corona forums © 2003-2011