Cleaning the slate

Hey guys im sure this is a simple fix, but i cant seem to figure it out myself. i have the director class working so that i have a level selection screen, i choose level 1 and it loads the "level1".lua file, but it keeps the level selection screen playing in the background. maybe i am missing some code that will clean the screen before loading the level1.lua, any help would be appreciated

actually i think i found the problem, i didnt have the displaygroup code that each .lua file needs, but when i add this is causes conflict because i already am using the display.newGroup(); to control my camera on level 1. Can i just have it load the level1 file and not use the director class any longer?

You can have any groups you want, not just one. If you don't return it at the new() function, it will stay on the display.

Now if you need something that must stay on the screen, you can declare it at main.lua file and not insert into the mainGroup.

i understand, got it figured out, thanks for the help and thanks for creating a very useful tool.

views:1423 update:2011/10/13 9:25:17
corona forums © 2003-2011