1.2 = complete change of structure?

Hi Ricardo,

I've just downloaded the 1.2 version of Director and replaced the previous version (1.1) in my project and, even though everything's still working, I've noticed that you completely changed the structure of the code as shown in template.lua.

With the 1.1 version, all code needs to be in the new() function for each "screen". With the new 1.2 version, the new() function contains initVars() only, the rest of the code being "outside“.

I have the crash problem that many people have been talking about when quickly switching screens and I was hoping the 1.2 version would fix this. Sadly, it doesn't, but could it be because I actually need to update all my screens to comply with the new code structure?

Also, what happened to the book pages handling you were talking about in a previous message? You said it was going to be something like director:newBook( { "page1", "page2", ... , "pageN" } ) and it was planned for the 1.2 version.

Thanks for your help and your cool class =)
Ch.

For the code structure, Ricardo gave complete explanation here :
http://developer.anscamobile.com/forum/2011/02/02/any-idea-when-v12-might-come-out

views:1352 update:2011/10/13 9:25:17
corona forums © 2003-2011