Does Director 1.2 have an "overlay" effect?

I have been using Director 1.1 for quite some time with great results, however judging by the improvements to 1.2, it looks like it's time for me to update my game using this version.

My question is, does 1.2 have an "overlay" effect of any sort? What I mean is, another scene which transitions on top of the existing scene without clearing the initial scene (and then later, another effect can transition the overlaying scene back out, clearing it and all of its variables/images from memory while retaining the core initial scene underneath).

One useful example of this is a pause screen that doesn't take up the entire screen, and clears when the player wants to return to the game. I actually modified my copy of Director 1.1 to do exactly this, but it involved some tricky manipulation and another one or two functions which tell Director to not clear the original scene. I could probably add this to version 1.2 in a similar manner, but as development of Director goes forward presumably into 1.3 and beyond, it's a bit tedious to add this functionality to each new version and hope that it works properly with the other additions/changes.

Perhaps this feature already exists and I'm just not seeing it? I notice functions like "directorView" and "effectView" but I can't locate the documentation about what these mean and how they work. Has anybody tackled the above scenario?

Brent

+1!

views:1202 update:2011/10/13 9:25:17
corona forums © 2003-2011