When running on device, output Lua runtime error information somewhere

Currently, when running an app on the device and Lua encounters a run-time error (causing the app to stop), the cause of the error is unknown because (unlike running on the simulator) the error information is not output anywhere (at least not anywhere I can find).

Having this information output to the Terminal would be ideal (IIRC, from when coding the iPhone is straight Objective-C, output to the console was possible during debug runs/builds), but having it output to the Organizers Console tab would be acceptable (though the delay between the time something is sent to the Console and time it is displayed would need to be addressed). Even a message window popping up on the device would be preferable to the current situation.

Thanks

The ability to do on-device live testing is definitely a direction we're moving in, although it's currently prioritized behind some painfully needed features (like native keyboard support).

Is this possible now? I need to debug facebook posting which is only possible on the device, so needless to day I'm needing to see the terminal output pretty badly.

how about writing to a text file that you can then send the log info to you via email attachment? or send the contents of the file as a text file to a url?

or even create display.textobjects with the string you want to debug? that you can just see what is going on ?

i know that is a pain, but better than nothing....

c.

views:2135 update:2011/9/19 9:18:26
corona forums © 2003-2011